Monday, August 24, 2009

Oh joy for car shopping.

So as I enter my second year in college my dad FINALLY realized that its time to get the forgotten child a car. Why i say forgotten child you ask? Well. Everyone in my family (yes everyone including my YOUNGER brother) has a car...except me.
So say my sister has to work, my mom works, my dad works, my brothers out. I get stuck at home. Without a car. And yeah I do share with my sister, but hey everyone wants their own!

So finally my dad agreed to get me a car by the end of summer before I move back to duluth to go to school, which is September 3rd by the way. Its August 24. He doesn't have that many days left...

Well so now we finally started to go car shopping, except on Sunday. Car dealerships are closed on sunday, so you can just drive through and look.

Except most of the car lots look like this, because they are full of the "Cash for Clunkers" thing.There just all these really crappy cars parked really closely together.
And then beside them finally we reach the, yes you guessed it, USED CARS!!!!!

I am very thankful that my dad has offered to buy me a car actually, and he has offered me a decent price cap on cars. I think its about 9,000. Cheer cheer. I am happy.

Anyways, these last 2 sundays we have been looking at dealerships and I have found a few that I like. At one point we walked passed one of these:A mini cooper, incase you didn't know what that is. Well anyways we walked past one and my dad said "OOH! Look at this! You like this?"
I reply, "Yeah I guess its alright."
And I guess that instantly means that I really want one and enjoy it a lot? Because he started looking for better deals on them. Then today he asked me if I would like to get one, I said yeah I don't know there alright. And now he thinks I hate them.
My father is the most confusing person I have ever met.

I mean I guess these coopers are alright, but I'm not sure. I would just enjoy any car in the least. Ha.

A quote from my dad to end this post, "Any young man that saw you in this car would think it's a very sharp car!"

Ohhhh, dad. :)




P.S: Update on the sleeping project. I of course didn't follow up on thee water project, but I havent been tired enough to take a nap all day! :) So I must have done something different. Maybe I just kept busy all day.

I searched "Sleep" into a great art website (deviantart.com) and this was one of the top hits.
Cute, and fits the word perfectly.

Goodnight, fellow readers.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Marina, you are so funny but it is soooo true! Dad actually said any guy who saw you in a mini cooper would think THE CAR is sharp??? I guess the idea is that the car would catch their eye and then that young man would notice you and think that you were totally awesome because you drive a mini cooper? hahaha that is pretty funny!

    Hey a new idea-stay busy!! From one lazo to another-maybe we can motivate each other!! :}

    Love you my middle baby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could be sharing Kevin's car if only you would learn to drive a stick shift.....

    (Sorry the mom in me just couldn't NOT say that hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually, in your dad's defense, i'd say that "it's alright" is a pretty confusing answer in itself. maybe he's the SECOND most confusing person on the plant to your FIRST, or vise versa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahah Brian and I were having fun reading this on our phones in Cannon Falls because I can just picture you saying it. Word for word.

    I hope you do get a car soon. It'll be good for both of us. And Mini Coopers aren't bad... maybe they get good gas mileage too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think they're alright. i mean, yeah. i don't know. maybe. they're alright.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy shit, this color scheme is making me go absolutely insane. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete