Monday, September 14, 2009

Sorry for the hiatus

Sorry about not posting much, I realized I really don't go on the computer that often. For some reason if I am bored with nothing to do I would rather lay in my bed and stare at nothing than go on my computer.
Don't ask me why it makes no sense. Or maybe its because last year during college that's all I did was go on my computer. Who knows.
Oh well, maybe now I will try and go on here a few times and write some posts. Because I know you all enjoy hearing about my life :D

Well since I've last written a lot of things has happened, I got thee mini cooper. And I moved to Duluth to go back to school.

The mini cooper is a big hit here at school. I met this guy who told me he parks next to the mini cooper every single time he parks so he can look at it (creepy?). My friends also named it "The Brit". Most of all when I drive around I just get lots of stares and honks and when I tell people thats my car, "OMG YOU HAVE A MINI COOPER?!" It's quite funny for me. I love it :)


This is me and my new roomates, Laura, Brenna, Nicole and ME.

Yesterday me and my new roomates went to this thing called the harvest fest. It was this little event going on down in canal park, and they had a farmers market, homemade ice cream, a bunch of organic food, some cool candles and different recycled items to buy. But best of all they had FREE KITES TO FLY in the large park too the side.
They were the smaller kites, so they weren't as good as say..christie or brians kites? hah just kidding. but not really...
anyways, mine had a big bunch of balloons for the picture on it, and my roomates all got one with an ugly bird on it.
We took some action shots of our amazing kite flying skills.MAN LOOK AT ME GO! Looking at this you may think I am a proffesional, but don't be alarmed...I'm not.


Anyways, thats all for today folks.
Today I am closing off the blog with a rediculous picture of me squinting in the sun.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I think this is my favorite post of yours so far!

    First of all, I love the word "hiatus."

    Plus, that Harvest Fest sounds fun! I think I might have to make a trip up to it next year... perhaps with Brian. :)

    How are your new roommates and room? I'm going to have to visit eventually... but I'm not sure when yet.

    Duluth in the summer/early fall is so pretty.

    Oh, and that's pretty hilarious about the cooper shenanigans... how exciting. Sounds a bit like having purple hair at Bethel, some people just freak out about it.

    hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the kite. if i someday receive a free kite i may just urinate in my pantalons.

    i'm going to be frank with you. i'm a little jealous about your mini cooper. just a little. there are days that i'm sitting in my buick and think, "gee golly. marina's driving a mini cooper. come on."

    nice post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait...was the 2nd christie post really brian? because christie does not own a buick. haha

    and yes christie, people are quite suprised when they see my keys and what not its funny. hahahah purple hair at bethel OH NO.

    but yes I agree its so pretty here!

    but my roomates are all pretty cool! i am enjoying them so far. you guys shall come up sometime :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all i also love the cooper stories-i will tell dad and he will be so happy!

    You 4 beautiful brunettes all living in one apartment?? Watch out Duluth!!

    Love the action shot with the kite and your look of fierce determination hehe. That and the last picture kinda remind me of when you were little (sniff, sniff, tear)

    I really do love hearing about your life so occasional posts and picks are welcomed here!!

    Love you :o)

    ReplyDelete